Transform. Empower. Create. Support.
We are committed to treating all who pass through our doors with kindness, compassion, and the highest level of care.
We have been serving women, children, and families for over 120 years! We believe adoption is a lifelong journey and we are committed to serving all through our variety of adoption-competent services.
- If you are pregnant, we will assist you in exploring all of your options in a confidential and no pressure environment. We serve the whole state of Oklahoma and can meet you anywhere and at any time. Contact us today for more information.
- If you are a couple desiring to create or grow your family through adoption, you can trust that our experienced staff will treat your family with respect and care throughout the process. Check out our process and frequently asked questions here to learn more.
- If you are interested in adopting an embryo and carrying the baby, our embryo adoption program may be the right fit for you. We provide matching services and help couples through every step of the process. Click here to learn more about what we offer.
- If you or your family is in need of extra support for your journey, our Counseling Center is available to serve. We offer individual, family, or group therapy via in-person and telehealth options for anyone within the state of Oklahoma from our office in Oklahoma City. Contact us today for more information.
- If you have completed fertility treatments and are looking for options for additional embryos, we offer supportive, caring services to those who are interested in placing their embryos for adoption. We have adoptive families ready to adopt and staff available to answer any questions and walk with you through the process. Read more about these services here and contact us today.
- If you are a birth parent or adoptee searching for information or relationship, our search and reunion services are available. We will answer questions and help you process your options. Contact us here for more information.
Reflect Christ’s redeeming love by transforming the lives of children, empowering women in unplanned pregnancies, creating families through adoption, and supporting all with counseling and guidance throughout their journey.
Giving a future and a hope to children, women, and families.
Please contact us for more information on any of our services. We can be reached at (405) 949-4200 or via email at email@example.com.
Founded December 31, 1900 on the unsettled plains of Indian Territory, Deaconess Pregnancy & Adoption, originally known as the Oklahoma Rescue Home, was the first “little house on the prairie” of a state later known as Oklahoma. A group of Free Methodist deaconesses moved to Guthrie to start a home for women and children in vulnerable positions. They later purchased land in Oklahoma City and changed the name to the Home of Redeeming Love. They set up dormitories for women to live in while they were pregnant and provided a maternity hospital for them to deliver. They also operated a working farm to sustain the ministry.
After World War II, the maternity hospital was incorporated into a general hospital and given the name, Deaconess Hospital, with the adoption agency maintained as a department of the hospital. In 2005, Deaconess Hospital and the agency, now named Deaconess Pregnancy & Adoption, separated formally though the shared history lived on. Despite societal changes and cultural shifts, our founders’ pioneering spirit lives on today. Over 14,000 expectant parents have been served by our agency and more than 5,500 families created via adoption.