We are looking for a Therapist who has a heart to work alongside our team, providing therapeutic care to a specialized population who have been touched by foster care or adoption, infertility, attachment, or maternal mental health. This is a full-time position with benefits. The work schedule is traditional office hours with the possibility of evening hours once a week.
The position will provide individual, family, and group therapy to individuals and families in the DPA Counseling Center and work alongside other therapists as well as the other programming of the agency to serve the organization’s mission.
A Therapist must be:
- Flexible and able to multi-task: the role requires someone who can handle work-related interruptions, on-call, and crisis issues
- Experienced in providing therapeutic intervention and support
- Positive and caring in their attitude and actions toward others
- Experienced clinically in or knowledge of working with attachment, trauma, grief, and loss
- Skilled in organization and able to maintain timely clinical documentation
- Able to engage well with clients of various backgrounds and community members
- Strong in communication skills both verbally and in writing
- A team player and willing to adapt to meet the needs of the organization
Master’s degree in social work and/or behavioral or social science or related field and one year of experience in therapeutic environment required. Licensed and unlicensed candidates may apply. Candidate must have an Oklahoma license in good standing from the following disciplines: LCSW, LPC, or LMFT, or be willing to pursue one of the aforementioned licenses.
Experience in one or more of the following modalities preferred: Theraplay, Child Parent Psychotherapy, Trust-Based Relational Intervention, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), or Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
Our team at DPA is made up of people committed to praying for and caring for all who cross our path. If you are interested in serving alongside us, please send a resume and cover letter to our Counseling Supervisor, Michelle Hankey, at firstname.lastname@example.org.