We are hiring!
We are looking for an Adoption Specialist who has a heart to work with women in unplanned pregnancies, adoptees, and adoptive families. This is a full-time position with benefits. The work schedule is traditional office hours offset by nights and weekends as determined based on client care need. The position assists expectant parents with the options available in an unplanned pregnancy and works with adoptive families to help facilitate the process among other duties related to the service and care of all involved in the adoption process.
An Adoption Specialist must be:
- Flexible and able to multi-task: the role requires someone who can quickly change plans and tasks based on client emergencies.
- Positive and caring in their attitude and actions toward others.
- Empathetic and have an ability to handle difficult emotions.
- Able to engage well with clients of various backgrounds and community members.
- Strong in communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- A team player and willing to adapt to meet the needs of the organization.
- Emotionally mature.
A bachelor’s degree in a social work or a bachelor’s degree in a behavioral/social science related field and one year of child and family services is required. Our team at DPA is made up of women committed to praying for and caring for all who cross our path. If you are interested in serving alongside us, please send a resume and cover letter to our Executive Director, Heather Hails, at firstname.lastname@example.org.