The Counseling Center at Deaconess Pregnancy & Adoption is designed exclusively for people touched by foster care and adoption. Contact us to find out more: email@example.com.
-Experienced Therapists in our Counseling Center-
Therapists in our Counseling Center are adoption-competent and have:
- Professional education and licensure;
- Family-focused, strengths-based, culturally-competent approaches;
- Clinical skills and expertise in treating individuals with a history of abuse, neglect and/or trauma;
- A comprehensive understanding of development, separation, loss and attachment; and
- Familiarity with all types of adoption: infant, transracial, international, foster-adopt, step-parent and kinship;
- Understanding of foster care and the unique challenges that this journey entails.
-Reasons to Seek Counseling-
- Your child’s birth mother had a challenging pregnancy
- Your child had a difficult birth or an early hospitalization
- Your child was prenatally exposed to substances
- Your child has experienced abuse, neglect or trauma
- You are noticing an increase in acting out, defiance or controlling behaviors
- You are struggling to attach to your child
- You are feeling overwhelmed and not sure what to do
- You made an adoption plan for your child and are struggling emotionally to move on
- You are an adult adoptee and considering reuniting with your birth family
-Who We Serve-
Anyone who has been touched by foster care or adoption. Counseling is offered to individuals, families, and couples.
If you are interested in learning more about counseling, the an initial consultation is available for just $25.00. We do not accept SoonerCare or private insurance.
Click on this link for information on the HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices: HIPAA
Trust-Based Relational Intervention
When post-adoption counseling may be necessary.